Midia de Instalação
- Posso fazer download de uma versão livre do SUSE Linux?
- Yes, it is called the Evaluation 'Eval' version. It is not time restricted and for most home users is a better choice than the open source only edition, which does not include any proprietary packages. Still confused? Maybe this table can explain how each component fits together:
1O DVD de retalho é um DVD de dupla-camada que contem mais pacotes do que o DVD que se pode descarregar.
- It would be useful to have DVD images. Is there a way to create a DVD image using the CD images?
- DVD images will be available for the final version. For alpha and beta versions, only CD images are offered.
- The online tutorial and a script to make DVD images is at Making a DVD from CDs.
- Do I need all install CDs? Which CDs are needed for basic installation? Is CD1 sufficient for basic installation?
- If you are downloading the official released CDs, you need all five. As an alternative, there is a 1 CD install made available shortly after each release.
- Is there any way to install SUSE without a CD or DVD?
- Yes, refer to Installation without CD or DVD.
- What are the differences between SUSE 10.0 OSS and the SUSE Eval 10.0?
- SUSE 10.0 OSS contains only open source software. The SUSE Eval version contains some non-OSS packages like Adobe Reader, Macromedia Flash, Sun Java, Mainactor (demo).
- What are the differences between 'Eval' and Retail?
- The retail package contains more software packages than the Eval and is delivered as a dual-layer DVD. Both i386 and x86-64 packages are available.